Other Bed and Breakfast, Country
Inns, and Small Hotels on 1st Traveler's Choice
Bed and Breakfast and Restaurant
West Dover, Vermont
Wood Grilled Veal Rib Chop with Wild Mushrooms
- Two 12 ounce Veal Rib Chop Frenched (use loin chops if
- 1 cup wood chips, mixed or whatever flavor you you choose,
- 21 cup fresh Shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and julienned
- 1 cup fresh Portabello mushrooms, stemmed and julienned
- 1 cup fresh Crimini mushrooms, julienned
- 1-1/2 cups reduced veal stock*
- 3/4 cup good red wine, such as Cabernet
- olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- *if you cannot get veal stock, you may purchase a good quality
beef broth and reduce it over medium-high heat by half to obtain
amount needed and to strengthen the flavor.
Preheat your grill. In a saute pan, saute 2 Tablespoons olive oil
and all the mushrooms, over medium-high heat. Once the mushrooms have
begun to cook, deglaze the pan with the red wine, reduce heat to
medium and simmer until red wine is reduced by half.
Salt and pepper the chops, place the dampened wood chips under the
grates (use caution when doing this, the grates are hot, and the chips
may flame). Place the veal chops on the grill, marking a quarter turn
to give good grill marks. Grill the chops until Medium Rare, or
temperature of choice.
Add the veal stock to mushrooms and reduce heat to low simmer and
reduce again by half. Salt and pepper to taste, hold hot until chops
are ready. Serve with homemade mashed potatoes, place veal chops on
plate, coast with the mushroom sauce.
- You found this recipe on 1st Traveler's Choice Internet
Traveler's Choice offers you lodging choices of Bed and Breakfast,
Country Inns, Small Hotels, Resorts, Dude Ranches and Vacation Rentals
in great vacation areas. If you are looking for places to stay where you
can enjoy a romantic getaway, great fishing, fly-fishing, skiing, golf,
tennis, boating, horseback riding, sight seeing or just plain relaxing
you've come to the right place. If you are traveling for business or
pleasure you can find it here at www.virtualcities.com .........©
1995 - =date("Y")?> ONS Inc.