Eastern Shore Bed and
Breakfast Inn in Easton, Maryland
Romantically furnished in period style, the
Bishop's House Bed and Breakfast offers its guest the ambiance
of the Victorian era with 21st Century comfort. Accommodations
include a Doeskin Guest Robe, shower towers, cable TV/DVD
player, ceiling fan, CD player, phone jack for modem hook-up,
complimentary high speed wireless Internet connection
(available throughout the house, Courtyard, and Porch), down
comforters (in season), steam iron and ironing board, hair
dryer, and individually controlled air conditioning in guest
rooms. Three spacious first floor guest rooms have central air
conditioning and two offer gas log fireplaces. Second floor
guest rooms have king size beds and working fireplaces, while
four guest rooms offer whirlpool tubs with shower towers.
A third floor sitting room is available to
guests, complete with cable TV/DVD and VCR player, microwave
oven, refrigerator, coffee maker, ice maker, coffee, and a
selection of teas, hot chocolate, sodas, and snacks. Outside
is a wrap around porch with porch swing and rockers and a
courtyard with above ground fish pond for relaxation and
socializing. On-site private off-street parking, secured
overnight storage for bicycles, cycling tour maps of Talbot
County, and bicycles are available for guests.
The Bishop's House serves sumptuous
breakfasts which consist of a choice of six fruit juices;
individual fruit platters or fruit cups; fresh homemade
muffins, bread, or scones; breakfast meat; a "specialty
egg dish"; and a special entree such as Puffed Blueberry
Pancakes, Specialty French Toast, or Banana Flavored Belgian
Waffles; coffee and a choice of a variety of teas or hot
chocolate are also offered.
The Bishop's House is owner-occupied and
-managed. This Eastern Shore bed and breakfast is conveniently
located in-town and in the heart of Easton's Historic District
within three blocks of the Talbot County Court House,
boutiques, specialty shops, antique shops, and the casual and
gourmet restaurants of Easton.
The Bishop's House, a circa 1880 Victorian,
was built by Captain Edward Roberts for Philip Frances Thomas
and Clintonia Wright Thomas. The Honorable Philip Frances
Thomas was governor of the State of Maryland from 1848 to
1851. Upon Philip's death in 1892, the house and property was
sold to the Episcopal Church for use as the residence for the
Bishop of the Diocese of Easton. Since then, the house has
been known as the Bishop's House, a designation that was used
in identifying the house at the formation of the Easton
The town of Easton is centrally located in
Talbot County within 10 miles of historic Oxford and St.
Michael's and approximately 15 miles from the Blackwater
National Wildlife Refuge in Cambridge.
The Bishop's House is in good standing with
the Professional Association of Innkeepers International and
is a Chartered Member of Maryland Bed and Breakfast
Association. Additionally, it has been recommended by Better
Homes and Gardens Magazine and Country Roads of
Maryland and Delaware.