1st Traveler's Choice
Internet Cookbook Recipe Index
Other Bed and Breakfast, Country Inns, and Small Hotels on 1st Traveler's Choice
Georgia Lodging Directory
North America Lodging Directory
Mountain Grove Inn
Toffee Nut Rocha
1. Line a 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking pan with foil, extending over edges.
2. In a 3-quart saucepan, melt butter. Stir in sugar, corn syrup, and water. Cook over medium-high heat to boiling, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Avoid splashing onto sides of pan. Clip candy thermometer to pan. Be sure bulb is well-covered and not touching bottom of pan.
3. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until thermometer registers 290 degrees (soft crack stage), about 15 minutes. (It should boil at a moderate, steady rate over entire surface.) The mixture will turn golden brown.
4. Remove thermometer. Pour into prepared pan; spread evenly. Cool 5 minutes or until top is just set.
5. Sprinkle chocolate atop; let stand 2 minutes. Spread chocolate onto toffee. Top with nuts; press into chocolate. Cool several hours or until set. If necessary, place in refrigerator.
6. Holding foil, lift candy out of pan. Break into pieces. To store, layer candy in an airtight container between sheets of waxed paper.
Makes: about 2-1/2 pounds
Other Recipes on the
Internet Cookbook of 1st Traveler's Choice with 1000's of tried and
tested recipes from Innkeepers, Chefs, and Culinary Professionals.
|1st Traveler's Choice offers you lodging choices of Bed and Breakfast, Country Inns, Small Hotels, Resorts, Dude Ranches and Vacation Rentals in great vacation areas. If you are looking for places to stay where you can enjoy a romantic getaway, great fishing, fly-fishing, skiing, golf, tennis, boating, horseback riding, sight seeing or just plain relaxing you've come to the right place. If you are traveling for business or pleasure you can find it here at www.virtualcities.com .........© 2002 - =date("Y")?> ONS Inc.|