The Secret B&B Lodge for rates, reservation information, and
Cottage Photos and Descriptions
Back to First
Page of The Secret B&B Lodge
Other Bed and Breakfast, Country
Inns, and Small Hotels on 1st Traveler's Choice
The Secret B&B Lodge
2356 Hwy 68 W
Leesburg, AL 35983
Fax: (256) 523-6477
We know we should not favor any particular
guests, but we do. These two gracious Southern ladies graced
our mountain last fall. Mrs. Marion Rollins (left) and her
life-long friend, Mrs. Robbie Sessions, from Enterprise,
Alabama have been friends since the age of three. They still
cherish a picture of Ms. Robbie at age 3 standing beside a
stroller the day Ms. Marion was born.
This November, each of these girls will
celebrate birthdays -- age 94 and 97. As these enchanting
ladies were having their pictures made, I commented to Ms.
Robbie that I would like for her to visit us on her 100th
birthday and have her picture made in the BIG chair again. She
remarked, with a twinkle in her eye, "Oh, that's a
great idea. I always like having something to look forward to!"
Our mountain seemed to lose some stardust when they left.
From Birmingham, AL on I-59 Headed North:
- Take Exit 205 (Collinsville).
- At the bottom of the ramp exit to
the right onto Hwy 68 East.
- Go 1.2 miles to first red light in
Collinsville, AL, turn right.
- Go 1/2 mile to next red light, turn
left (you are still following Hwy 68E).
- Go 7 miles - See sign on left the
secret. Turn left at sign, Cruickshank Lane.
- Go to the top of mountain. Behold!
- From Chattanooga, TN on I-59
- Take Exit 205 (Collinsville).
- Turn left at end of exit
- Follow steps 3 through 6 above (from
- From Atlanta, GA via 75 North
(we recommend traveling through Cave Springs rather then Hwy
20. Cave Springs to Centre is a pretty drive and has no
traffic lights or city traffic.
- Take Exit 290 (Rome/Canton exit).
- Follow 20 West.
- For a while you will be on 20 West
and 411 South. Follow 411 South to Cave Springs, GA;
Centre, AL; and Leesburg, AL.
- At the red light in Leesburg, turn
right onto Hwy 68 West.
- Travel 2.4 miles.
- Turn right at the sign the
secret Bed & Breakfast Lodge onto Cruickshank
Lane. (Note: upon approaching the sign, you
will see a chain-link fence on a small hill on the right
side of the road. You will turn right when the
chain-link fence ends onto Cruickshank Lane.)
- Follow Cruickshank Lane to the top
of the mountain and...behold!
- From Atlanta Airport (GA): (Estimated
traveling time 2-1/4 to 2-1/2 hours)
- From the terminal, take Camp Creek
Parkway/Return to Terminal. This splits. Follow Camp
- Go about 1.5 miles and take 20 West.
- In Alabama, take Exit 199
(Hefling/Hollis). This is the 2nd Hefling exit.
- Follow Hwy 9 North to Piedmont, then
- In Centre, turn left onto
Hwy 411 South. Travel about 5 miles to Leesburg.
- Follow steps 4 through 6 above (From
Atlanta via 75 North).
- From Huntsville, AL:
(Estimated traveling time 1-1/2 hours)
- From Huntsville, take 431 South to
Guntersville, Albertville, and Boaz, AL.
- In Boaz, turn left onto Hwy 168
East. Travel 7 miles.
- Turn right onto 68 East and travel
- Turn left at sign, Cruickshank
- Go to top of mountain and behold
for rates, reservation information, accommodations, attractions,
Your Print N Go Page!
Cottage Photos and Descriptions.
to The Secret B&B Lodge first page
- Tell your hosts you found them on 1st
Traveler's Choice. (www.virtualcities.com)
Traveler's Choice offers you lodging choices of Bed and Breakfast,
Country Inns, Small Hotels, Resorts, Dude Ranches and Vacation Rentals
in great vacation areas. If you are looking for places to stay where you
can enjoy a romantic getaway, great fishing, fly-fishing, skiing, golf,
tennis, boating, horseback riding, sight seeing or just plain relaxing
you've come to the right place. If you are traveling for business or
pleasure you can find it here at www.virtualcities.com .........©
1995 - =date("Y");?> ONS Inc.